(WEBINAR) Toward sustainable finance in Asia: Deforestation and due diligence
How are Asian banks recognising and managing nature-related risks - including those linked to deforestation? And how can due diligence tools help?
Time & Location
28 Feb, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm SGT
About the Event
According to WWF-Singapore’s latest Sustainable Banking Assessment, Asian financial institutions are increasingly aware of nature-related risks. Yet more is needed to develop their capacity to identify, assess and manage these risks.
Deforestation is a key nature-related impact. By investing or providing services to companies that produce, trade or process forest risk commodities - such as palm oil, soy and beef - banks and investors become exposed to regulatory, reputational and financial risk.
Join experts from WWF-Singapore and Trase to discuss:
- How Asian banks are recognising and managing nature-related risks, including in the palm oil sector
- How the finance sector is exposed to deforestation
- How due diligence processes can identify, evaluate, mitigate and manage deforestation-related risks
- The tools, data and frameworks available to support these processes
- Ashish Sharma, Vice-President for Asia Sustainable Finance, WWF-Singapore
- Ben Levett, Researcher, Trase/Neural Alpha
- Jolene Tan, Communications Lead, Trase
Webinar title: Toward sustainable finance in Asia: Deforestation and due diligence
Date: 28 February 2023
Time: 8.00 GMT | 16.00 SGT
Register here: https://bit.ly/ddasia23